Friday, November 7, 2008

Diary Flashback - 31 weeks 6 days

Tomorrow I will be 32 weeks along. I had a pretty big shock when I went along to Babycentre.co.uk and saw that I would be considered full-term in a mere 4 weeks. Where does all that time go? It seems to be just yesterday I was staring incredulously at a white stick with a megahuge grin on my face. I had to wait for Daddy-to-be to get back from golf before telling him in the car. Hehehe.

Its been a fairly smooth ride so far, alhamdulillah. I did the whole puke down the toilet thing in my first trimester, although not a lot of people seem to have noticed. I had to avoid strong garlicky, gingery, oniony, spicy smells and foods. Poor Daddy-to-be had a wonderful time indulging me with simple soups and letting me crash in the afternoons for a long nap on weekends.

With the second trimester, I got my appetite and energy back. I started swimming and continuing with Yoga... despite the weird looks I get at the pool... These looks have only gotten longer and more astonished the bigger I get now. I can see what they're thinking, 'that woman must be crazy! she's a whale!'. I dont think most preggy malay ladies are swimmers which is a shame since its supposed to be one of the best things you can do. Being non-weight-bearing and good at moving your whole body safely. Important to me is that you dont sweat... and it doesnt turn my fingers into sausages. The heat outside makes me swell like a balloon.

I am loving being pregnant. But there are some things I do miss... like coffee everything... tiramisu, starbucks, coffeebean... green tea, lipton tea, peach tea, lemon tea, heck any old tea... I've been pretty good at staying away from caffeine. *proud* I've foregone raw sushi and massage treatments. I've succumbed to breakouts and been denied pimple creams.

But all in all these are small things, feeling my Baby M move around in my belly and give his mommy a strong kick I feel how much of a miracle he is.

No comments: