Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mommy Incoming

Aydin's incredibly active now and if possible would like to walk everywhere. In my arms, he makes sudden dives for the floor reaching his arms up as if to say, 'Time to walk, Mommy!' And he can be really fast, almost as if he is running. Its just a matter of time as he can now manage to walk holding on with just one hand to me sometimes. My determined little guy.

With more teeth coming through on his upper jaw, his diarrhea is still not abating. Babycentre.co.uk says its because he is swallowing the excess saliva from the teething and its making his tummy acidic. The extra saliva is basically coming out in his stool. Must be a lot of saliva, thats all I can say! Its been over a week. Luckily he seems fine, running around and playing with no signs of dehydration.

He's enjoying eating nasi and bits from Mommy and Daddy's plates now in addition to the usual bubur. Bits of ayam, fish, potato and sayur. He loves it but he hasnt quite learned that food has to be chewed before its swallowed so some of it gets vomited out. He also doesnt quite know how to stop when he's full sometimes. I just give him tiny bits and take my time giving him the next bite.

Sleeping problems are also part of the teething adventure making my nightly pumps very unpredictable. Some nights I didnt get a chance at all to pump with Aydin waking frequently throughout the night. Other nights I have to do it before 3am as after that he is a light sleeper, waking fully at any sound and thinking its play time. Yesterday he was up from 4.45 after sleeping at 10.30 with me. I did not manage a pump yesterday night. :S I hate it when that happens because it usualy means that I will be at least 5 ounces less than what he takes in during the day. It also makes my overall yeild per pump decrease somewhat. Less stimulation for my brain to maintain high production. So tonight I will be setting the alarm (on vibrate) to 2am. Lucky me hey?

No comments: